9 May 2016

Wolfmother @ Gröna Lund | concert

Last Friday night I went to see Wolfmother play at the amusement parc Gröna Lund in Stockholm. I had never heard of the band before and it was kind of a last-minute decision to go there, but oh boy, am I happy that I went! I didn't really want to go there all by myself, so I found this small meetup group of vegan rock lovers who went there as well and I had an amazing time with them. It was so much fun to meet other vegans who live in Stockholm, exchange some great vegan places and food and talk about music that we all love.

NEDERLANDS: Afgelopen vrijdag ben ik nar Wolfmother gaan kijken. De band was mij tot dat moment totaal onbekend, maar ze speelde in het pretpark Gröna Lund in Stockholm en daar wilde ik al lang eens naartoe. Ik wilde niet echt alleen gaan, dus toen besloot ik er met een groepje veganistische rock liefhebbers naartoe te gaan. Het concert was fantastisch en het was superleuk om met andere Stockholmse veganisten op stap te gaan, leuke adresjes te delen en over muziek te praten die we allemaal goed vinden.


When the concert started, we had all get to known each other a bit, which made the concert even more fun. 
We were standing quite far to the front of the stage and I was kind of annoyed at myself for forgetting my earplugs, but other than that, the night was perfect.

It felt a bit weird in the beginning, because we were at an amusement parc and the stage is literally inbetween the attractions. So you constantly see these little carts running over the rails. Quite funny and it gives the concert a very authentic feeling. Besides the fact that it was in an amusement parc, there were a lot of people there just for the concert. I felt so at home between all those old school rockers and I couldn't have been happier.

Wolfmother was new to me, so I listened to them on Spotify the entire day and I actually recognised quite a lot of songs during the concert. They played an amazing show. The band kept on surprising me every song with their skills and their ability to get the public go crazy. Lovely to see everybody clapping, dancing, jumping and singing along!

NEDERLANDS: We hadden redelijk vroeg afgesproken zodat we samen konden gaan eten n elkaar al wat beter konden leren kennen. Wanneer het concert begon, kenden we elkaar al wat beter en dat maakte alles alleen maar leuker. Behalve het feit dat ik mijn oordoppen vergeten was, was het een superleuke avond!

Een concert in een pretpark klinkt een beetje vreemd, maar het is supergrappig om karretjes voorbij te zien komen tijdens het concert en dat geeft het echt een authentieke sfeer. Eigenlijk was er echt veel volk voor het concert en het waren allemaal old school rockers, dus ik voelde me -uiteraard- meteen thuis.

Ik kende Wolfmother niet, dus ik had de hele dag naar de band geluisterd op Spotify. Tijdens het concert herkende ik zelfs veel nummers. Wolfmother speelde echt een geweldige show. De band verbaasde me elk nummer opnieuw met hun talent en met hoe goed ze het publiek meekregen. Fantastisch om te zien hoe iedereen constant meeklapte, danste, sprong en meezong!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your opinion!