11 January 2017

My resolutions for 2017: January | lifestyle

Last year I made new year's resolutions. I made only three, because I'm not too great at keeping up with my new year's resolutions and honestly, I stuck with none of them last year. But I'm not a quitter, so I AM making resolutions for 2017. 
I will just do it a bit differently. I decided to make my resolutions a monthly thing. Every month I will focus on another topic. 

I have been going through a rough patch the last couple of weeks, months even, and it's about time that I learn to deal with all of it and it's more than ever time to learn to properly love myself again. So January will be my month of self-love.

NEDERLANDS: Vorig jaar maakte ik goede voornemens. Ik maakte er slechts drie, omdat ik niet geweldig goed ben in me aan deze voornemens houden. Zelfs met slechts drie voornemens lukte het me niet. Maar een opgever ben ik niet, dus ook in 2017 maak ik voornemens. Deze keer doe ik het echter anders: ik maak namelijk een voornemen per maand.

De afgelopen weken, of zelfs maanden, heb ik het niet altijd even makkelijk gehad. 
Tijd om ermee te leren leven en om mezelf weer graag te leren zien. Januari wordt dus mijn maand van zelfliefde

_________________________________________________________

Remove toxic people
First of all, during January I will remove all of the toxic people from my life. If you're not my friend in real life, don't be surprised when you're not my friend on Facebook anymore either. I don't need to see what people who don't respect me are doing in their spare time. As a matter of fact, I don't need to see anything from them. Ever again. So, bye bye!
This may sound a little harsh, but if someone doesn't make you happy, why would you still keep them in your life?

NEDERLANDS: Ik verwijder alle mensen uit mijn leven die me niet (meer) blij maken. Als je mijn vriend niet bent in het echte leven, hoef je dat ook niet te zijn op Facebook bijvoorbeeld. Ik wil deze mensen niet meer in mijn leven. 
Ik heb alleen nog maar plaats voor mensen die me blij maken en die me graag zien. 

Do things that make me happy
I will take baths, go for runs, binge-watch series, have long video chats with my friends, eat a whole lot of brownies by myself, sleep in regularly, go shopping even though I don't need anything specifically, discover lots of new places, ... 
I will do all of the things that make me happy. I will do the things that bring me even the tiniest bit of joy. 
Sometimes life sucks, but we can always bring some happiness in our lives ourselves. 
It doesn't matter if others don't understand it. You live your own life, you make your own happiness.

NEDERLANDS: Ik ga vaker in bad gaan, zonder schaamte drie afleveringen Charmed na elkaar kijken, lange videogesprekken hebben met vrienden, een hele brownie alleen opeten, regelmatig uitslapen, gaan shoppen ook al heb ik niets speciaals nodig, nieuwe plaatsen ontdekken, ... Ik ga allemaal dingen doen die me blij maken. Soms is het leven een echte trut, maar we kunnen altijd zelf wat leuke dingen in ons leven brengen. Het maakt trouwens ook helemaal niet uit of anderen begrijpen waarom ik blij wordt van deze dingen. Ik leef mijn eigen leven en maak mezelf gelukkig.

Allow myself to feel
I will sit down more often to do nothing but just think. I will do things that make me smile, but I will have to deal with the sadder parts of life too. I will have to feel all of my feelings and think all of my thoughts before I can move on from the place in life where I am now. Not the most exciting part perhaps, but definitely something that can't be skipped. 
It's okay to to allow yourself to feel sad every now and then. As long as you realize that it is temporary. 
Every cloud has a silver lining!

NEDERLANDS: Ik ga vaker gewoon niets doen en nadenken. Ik ga dingen doen die me gelukkig maken, maar de enige manier om van droevige gevoelens af te komen, is door ze te voelen. Het is helemaal oké om je niet altijd helemaal oké te voelen. Zolang je maar beseft dat na de regen er weer zonneschijn komt!

_________________________________________________________


I know there's more to self-love than these three points, but these are the main things I will be focussing on this month. What are the things you will be focussing on in January?

NEDERLANDS: Ik besef dat jezelf graag zien veel meer inhoudt dan deze drie zaken, maar dit zijn de grote lijnen waar ik me mee bezig ga houden in januari. Waar ga jij je energie in steken tijdens januari?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your opinion!